Manufacturing sits at the heart of most things we buy or consume and the process can sometimes be complex. The need for efficient storage solutions is a common challenge, whether you are manufacturing in the Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Electrical, Automotive, Clothing or Food industry. Common challenges for our Manufacturing customers are:
Manufacturing activity is often a multi stage process so the storage problems rarely have a single solution. Different stages of the process may require different storage methods, which combined, create a well organised operation.
The overall aim is to reduce error rate, improve ergonomics and work flow, maintain optimum productivity levels and in general have a well organised environment for each processing stage.
- Holding stock for JIT supply of materials to production areas
- Ensuring correct raw materials or components are in the right place at the right time
- Longer term storage of bulk stock items
- Storing items of different sizes and weight
- Smooth transfer of stock to manufacturing area
- Optimum material handling
- Batch control and traceability
- Improve ergonomics of production areas
- Secure storage of specialist tools, equipment or spare machine parts
- Inefficient product handling removes any benefit of improved production rates